Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Excuse me! Are You Alright?!

Quote of the Week:
"I got fucked."
--My sister, when asked how her day went last week. Needless to say, she 1) meant to say "fucked over", and 2) had a rather unpleasant day that day.

Clio's Word of the Week:
Splitch (v): Sound made when poking large animals (ie elephants, rhinos, hippos) with a pointy stick.
Two in a row!
Gru(interj) One type of moaning sound made by zombies. See also uuuhhhhh, muuuuuhhh, and braaaaainnnnssss.

So. Its now Cotober. Which means many things. Light tables and animation. Good horror flicks. Halloween party. Yaoi-con. Manga. And costumes. Costumes costumes costumes.

Loki: And candy. Lots and lots of candy. Candy candy candy.

YEs. And candy. Did anyone know that the old Disney Halloween cartoon Skeleton Dance was animated by Ub Iwerks? Man, the man was a freaking genius. If any of you really don't know who Iwerks is, I suggest at the very least Googling him and reading up cuz he's fucking sassy awsome.

Aro: Duh dum da-dum da-dum da-dum da-dum da-dum, da da da.

Yes. Sexy. In other news, I got my hands on ADV's translation of MaLoRa. And I'm disappointed. Not ultra disappointed, but really disappointed. It could have been a lot better. And the fact that they released RAGNAROK before both the anime and the original series really annoys me cuz it just jumps right into the story. And its REIYA not REYA. That "I" is emphasized. And its ECCHAN not ETCHAN, but I'll let that one slide. But to have Reiya not speak in 3rd person?? No honorifics? "Dad" and not "Daddy"??? Ok, I'm really annoyed. But I guess that's what happens when you have contract workers.... *sigh* I know I was building up for disappointment but I guess I was still a little too optimistic. Fair translation, but it could have been a LOT better. One HEL of a lot better. And speaking of which, we won't be seeing her for quite awhile either.

*breathe* Ok, after that little rant, now I'm gonna leave some teasers for upcoming posts. XP Wah-ha.

We're gonna have 2, count 'im, TWO movie reviews this October: Shaun of the Dead and Ju-On, a special book review, RanLune's first Halloween Party (complete with Michael Jackson's Ghosts, an iPod on random and of course glow in the dark baseball) and some other cool stuffin's. Just you wait, its gonna be a hoot! And check out X-Entertainment's coutndown to Halloween! So, catch ya all on the flip siiiide!

*Til next time, Lunies!*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home