Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Kozumi's Quote of the week:
"Dude! I though you were the smart one here! You're screwing up our group mechanics!"
--Darek, to Ryori whom (like most humans) makes a slight miscalucation.....eh, it happens ^^;;

Stupidity strikes again in my mailbox, as another stupid e-mail scam trick yet another sucker. Since I am not speaking to this particular person anyway, there will be no sympathy from me. Which scam, do you ask? Why, none other than the Bonsai Kitten scam, which, in short, tells of a purported website that claims to sell kittens in glass jars that will "mold" to the shape of the jar. The e-mail has a petition that pleads with you to sign and "save" the kittens. I'm sorry but this is all a SCAM people. The methods of this would kill the kittens before they are molded and face it, there is no way the whole "growing a kitten in a bottle to make them tiny" idea is a crock in itself. I've been to the website, its crock, I see no "finished product". Anyway, check out snopes.com for the story thingy. Here's the addy for the specific story:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/bonsai.htm#add
and check out the rest of the site for the other urban legends revealed. its a pretty cool site.

Aro: She was reading the stories there instead of doing homework one night.

I was researching stuff for YOUR side story Aro.

Aro: A likely story.....
Lex: And there, folks, was Dez's rant for the day.

Righto. Well, I know ya'll have been asking for it so here, in its jumbled entirety, is Saturday night at Fanime.
Well, leave it to me to forget the important stuff. With most of my props for the skit back at home, Ryo and I tried to get TenTen to drive us to pick them up. Problem is, someone took TenTen's backpack so we spent more than enough time trying to locate it, as I cursed whomever took it for making us late. By 5:15, we ditched it, cuz we still needed to reherse with Poe, so we sent Wonder Boy to find her (damn that name sounds dumb ^^; ). Couldn't find my round clock or a table small enough to haul about, so we used Penny's Sailor Moon clock. Plus TenTen's niece's lil chair that we were gonna use broke a leg (-_-) so we had to take a broken chair! Gwar.

Dea: Shoulda taken it when you had the chance the week before.

Shaddup. Lonely Tylenol is a palindrome.
So around 5:30-ish, we get back to the con, sans table, and I find Poe in tears cuz she thought we ditched her. Man I felt bad, she tried to get in contact with us but my phone was either not on me or dead. After talking and assuring her that we really didn't have a way to contact her, we zipped backstage and started construction of our box for the 'com.
So here's the outline for the skit: I play a scientist that has a girlfriend (poe) who thinks she's too good for him. So in dispair, I make myself a persocom (Ryo) and marry her. Simple concept, all done to Louis Armstrong's "The Dummy", lyrics at end of post. Pissed off, my now ex-grilfriend kicks the box off stage. Wonder Boy is our set-up stage ninja. Since I'm putting this together in a box, we need to construct one that is sturdy enought for Poe to kick and big enough so Ryo can't be seen. Tall order but do-able. As I reinforce Ryo's persocom ears, I fill Poe in on what she does (she's a drama student so she's a real ace at this stuff, she's cool ^^). After scrambling with construction and at last finding a small table (we borrowed it from a skit that needed a stage ninja.....so we swaped to borrow, it all workks out ^^), we settled down to take in other sights, like a great Millenia (sp) costume from Grandia. Unfortunately, my camera refused to work for the rest of the night T_T so I missed some truely cool costumes, like the Sephiroth and Aerith entourage, Chris Tang's fully functionable Epyon costume and these cute lil girls as the Amazon Quartet from Sailor Moon.

Dea: There was a kawaii-ness level that could only be topped by "Snow Sugar Fairy", of which there was an awsome costume for.

Yup yup yup. With some anxiety, we waited for our turn, as we watched some truely interesting skits.....some involving strap-on Initial D cars, a stip show by Escaflowne's Dilandau, and a pair of purportedly underaged Sailor Scouts kissing. Needless to say, Ryo and I were kinda upset, as we always tone down our skits to family level and we get blasted out by a pair of rookie cosplayers.....-_- But I put the anger aside as there were some pretty hysterical skits on as well, especially the Sephiroth-Southpark Movie skit with the aforementioned Aeriths (4), a Fushigi Yuugi one that was kinda hard to understand but was funny nevertheless, and a chunk load of Final Fantasy X-2 skits, most of which were pretty cool.
On schedule, unlike *some* cons we know, there was an intermission, then the second half, our half, was ready to go. (We were number 35) Another cosplayer, one who shall remain nameless, showed up again in yet another revealing outfit. Honestly she does it every year just for attention, cuz, again, her performance involved her "popping" out again (of course on accident but...). She was also the one who sent my own sister into tears last con, so you can imagine my disgust with her.

Dea: Breathe.

(deep breath) Anyway, we soon went up and I, like the idiot I am, screwed up the order of the items, as I grabbed the chair before the table....eh, I was nervous, so sue me! We still got through the skit okay, especially when the audience all went "awwww" when Poe refused my wedding proposal. I kinda hoped that people would laugh or something when I brought out my 'com, but c'est la vie, at least they applauded. They did boo us coming on but we think its cuz they thought our cosplay group, G-Rated, was actually the rating. ^^;; hoo hoo hoo.
At the awards ceremony, the skits were awarded, the Seph-Aerith entourage getting two awards I believe, and Chris as Epyon recieveing an unprecedented 3 awards, but he deserved it. anyone who can make an Epyon costume that not only lights up, but has extendable wings gets more than major props from us.

Dea: He gets unceasing bowing and groveling from us. We're not worthy, we're not worthy!

XD Yeah, we didn't win anything, but we never expect to. Some girls from the skit with the dancing group of girls in black skimpy outfits complained about Chris but its not like they had anything better....I mean, come on! A light up Epyon!!! With moving wings!!! There was a Fraulin Yuna (if I'm wrong, please tell me so I can correct it) pair who got a pair of awards I believe; they had some damn cool costumes, BTW, the wing thingys were made of some sort of plastic or something, and they were pretty hard, as I found out when I neglected to move and hit my head on them as they passed (sorry guys!!).
All in all, the masq was a blast and next time, we hope to have something better....maybe that making fun of RPG thing we've had in the wings?? Perhaps, but for now, we can just relax and plan for Yaoi-con, where handcuffs, bishonens, and NY cops have fun....

Dea: Cuz we love Fake. Unless we're swinging Clamp's way with Wish....?

Depends. Ah, well, stay tuned for Sunday, and perhaps other fun rants on the stupidity of the world.

*Till next time Lunies!*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home