Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Thursday, June 26, 2003

In light of Blogger's shifting to a new server, yesterday's post will be posted today and normal (ha!) posting will resume today. We apologize for the inconvinience.

Well, the week's on a roll and many of my readers--

Syndelin: You mean *one*.

(Glare) Ahem, a reader, or *two*, has asked about Fanime from a cosplayer's eyes.....So I suppose Dea, my Cosplay Persona, and I can fill you in on at the very least Friday.

Cosplay Wonder!
You are a Cosplay Wonder!


What Kind Of Cosplayer Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla


Dea: Boosting ego, I see.

Shaddup. Thursday night, Ryo-chan (my Koi--for the rest of the report she will be refered to as Ryo-chan) and I decided that we should meet at the con around 10-ish, as I had some last minute costume elements to pick up (and Irony will turn its head to show how I really didn't need those gloves) in the lobby. The agreed costume was Hajime Terazuma of Yami no Matsuei/ Descendants of Darkness fame.

Dea: Well, more specifically, in the manga cuz he showed up in the anime for a cumulative amount of....lessee....2 seconds, maybe?
Terazuma: Bite me.
Dea (nibbles on his kneecaps): Kay.
Terazuma: Ow!!! Damn you! (turns into beats form and wreaks havoc)

Son of a---well, anyway, the problem was, Ryo-chan, my Kannuki Wakaba--or Terazuma's analog "love interest", was late by....about three hours due to, what else, last minute costume fixing. Hey, I really didn't care, as my Kurama costume was still, as of yet, unfinished. So it was all good.....took me an hour to get my damned badge tho..... Anyway, I managed to meet up with her around....2-ish, got her badge and then headed out to paint the con red....

Dio (snorts): Bwa ha ha!!!

Oh shut up. TenTen, Penny, Aise, GrandMel (all aliases...of course), and I had checked in around 11-ish, so we all trouped up to the room, unloaded some stuff, then went for Ryo-chan's stuff, then unloaded that. It was good, moving fun.... After which, wedecided to have a costume change. The first in a long line of costume changes. Mind you, I brought something like 8 costumes and 2 sets of regular clothes. 2 costumes were for Ryo but the rest were mine.... Plus there was the "Surprise" costume that she brought....so you could say we were ready for anything.

Dea: Costume change count--1.

Ryo and I emerged from the room as Sally Po and Chang Wufei of Gundam Wing, for the Gundam Wing photo shoot that was sorta announced at the Gundam panel. The Gundam panel was fun because the host was really on the ball and had a great sense of humor. He was giving out promotional boxes for Char's Counterattack, which included the DVD, some promo materials, and I think a model. It was pretty sweet. The ways of "winning" a prize (other prizes included DVDs or tapes of G Gundam) went from answering trivia, to reinacting scenes from Gundam Wing. Prizes even went to the oldest and the youngest fans present at the panel (50 and 9, respectively). So all in all, especially with the guy who was Domon Kasshu from G Gundam, the panel was kinda cool. The Domon was the one who told us about the Gundam photo shoot so we had to change from YamiMatsu to Wing in ten minutes.

The photo shoot was okay, we got some cool pix and saw some neat costumes, including a Chibodee Crockett costume (G Gundam).

Dea: Takes guts to wear a Chibodee costume, espcially when there are some pot shots at G Gundam for its cheesyness.

Right. We got some good photos in. Then we headed off to the swap meet, and dealer's room. Or something like that...friday was kinda a blur....

Dea: Like the rest of the weekend?

Nyahh......:P Anyway, at the swap, my sis Penny had camped out with GrandMel, TenTen and Aise to do some hardcore selling. A coupla members of my school's anime club were there trying to scrape up funds (>:D), an d we shopped around for a bit, as the dealer's room was closed. I scored a few cool things, like a disturbingly tasty Yu-Gi-Oh doujinshi, some other doujins, Hikaru and Toya plushies from Hikaru no Go (I gave the Hikaru to TenTen, he was soooo plased ^_^. I'm a good Ate/big sister.), and the comlpete set of the Japanese Chobits manga for $20. YATTA!

Dea: And there was dancing such that the world's never seen before.

Damn right. As the night drew on, and the dance drew nearer, Ryo-chan decided it was time to change into the secret costumes.... And mayhaps try to catch Gakufest, the J-rock concert at the theater..... It was then I was officially inducted into J-rock fandom.....the likes of which I shall hafta go into next post.... Mwa ha..., yes, I am evil.

You're all ready for the convention to begin! You bow or curtsie to fellow otakus as they walk into the hotel and you're ready to go out of your way to help them in any way you can!
We'd rate you #1 at the convention above all the
others! Congratulations on being the most
helpful otaku out there!


What kind of cosplayer are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Well, stay tuned for the "catch-up" post, as this thing won't let me publish long posts like before it seems..... Accursed server moving.....

*Till next time Lunies!*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home