Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Kawaii-chan's Word of the Week:

Benign (adj): 1) having a kind and gentle disposition or appearance; 2) not a threat to life or ling-term health, especially by being noncancerous; 3) neutral or harmless in its effect or influence; 4) mild or favorable in effect

Words are fun. Ever said a word a whole bunch of times until saying it sounds funny? Its works that way with punch, mark, and grass. I dunno why but it amuses me so.

Ever had a day when it was better to stay in bed? Yesterday was one of those days, a day of much dropping stuff-ness and things not going quite right. Gwar -_- I dropped the phone every time I picked it up, I got egg everywhere when I was cooking some Ramen (yes, I eat ramen with egg, its actually quite good. recipe may be forthcoming soon). I ran into the damn laundry room door. For those who have been at my house will know what I mean but for those who don't.... We have the washer and dryer in the house (apartment, rather), next to the bathroom. The doors open out into the hall. Sometimes, the doors are left a little ajar so the room doesn't overheat, so you can hear the dryer go off, and we only leave it open a couple of inches. Well, it was open a little more than that and when I tried to go through the hall, the doors caught my foot and I ran face first into doorage. -_- Not a good day.... At least I got to talk to my koi and the phone only died at the 9:00 mark, so I was happy enough. Recently the damn thing's been dying at the halfway 8:00 mark but at least this time it reached 9. Plus I left my cell phone in my mom's car, so anyone who's been trying to contact me via that may bet my rather unusual answering service. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Lex: No we don't.

Sate! Saturday night at Fanime was pretty fun. Gakufest ran a lil late so when we all crashed in the room (which contained myself, Ryo-chan, TenTen, Aise and Ryo's friend Wonder Boy [for lack of a better alias ^^;;;] ), it was somewhere areound the 1:00 neighborhood. So we all slept in til.....7-ish. MY plans were to sleep until 9-ish, get my Kurama costume done (no it wasn't done yet, shaddup), then hit the con in time for the masquerade rehersal, which was at 11. Simple right? No, my stupid stressing lobe in my brain decided to stress about the skit TWO FRICKIN' HOURS before I was ready. Talk about heart attacks....I think I was having an anxiety attack or something. You'd think I was used to doing skits, you know? Well, add that to the fact that Ryo and I came up with our skit in ten minutes a WEEK before the con (or a week and 1/2, something like that), plus we hadn't choreographed, given that we didn't see Poe (another alias =P) almost at all on Fri..... I guess you can see where the stress comes in.

Dea: You know, you do this every time. You procrastinate, then you stress cuz you never have enough time. Its your own fault you know.

You know what?! Anyway, while the others went out to the con at something like 9-10, I was finishing up my costume, and we were waiting for our Yu Yu Hakusho group to call us when they got to the con, as they as well didn't have their costumes completed either. I think Ryo was the only one....'cept she didn't have her cape for Hiei but it wasn't really any skin off our back. After completion of the costume (which ellicited "Dexter's Laboratory"-like celebration and dancing), we decided to head doen as Yoshiki and Pata. I can't remember why...but there was a good reason for it. Huh, anyway, we ran into various peoples, got to the orientation rehersal and managed to get Poe and give her the run down. Now we had Wonder Boy in our skit, as a stage ninja, whose only job was to put our box onto the stage. Fun fun fun.
Once that was over, Ryo and I went up for another costume change--

Dea: Costume change count--3

--Which was, strangely, Kannuki Wakaba and Hisoka Kurosaki of Yami no Matsuei fame. Okay...not too much of a problem, right? No? Look at who we're doing....Wakaba, Hisoka. Normally, I do Terazuma as Ryo does Wakaba, and conversely (or not...) I do Tsuzuki while she handles Hisoka. Okay, mental note: I usually do uke characters, of which both Terazuma and Tsuzuki are, though I'm fairily sure they'd like to debate that.

Terazuma & Tsuzuki: That's right.

Well, who cares what you think, boys? Okay, no problem, right? Wakaba's this bouncy, hyper lil firball of a girl, while we have Hisoka as this uptight, easy to irritate young boy. Which do you think I'd do?? Surprise surprise, here I am dressed as Hisoka Kurosaki, anal-retentive seme of the YamiMatsu continuity....well, maybe I'm being a little harsh, but....really!! This is a major step away from characters I usually cosplay as.... I'm not used to being not hyper and bouncy and dumb-like (cough cough Tsuzuki cough cough). Well, I'm not complaining...it was kinda fun...especially when we ran into a Muraki, Terazuma and Tsuzuki group....subsequently we were also joined by a Yutaka Watari a bit later into the photo session. Fun fun fun.... I'm just glad the Muraki wasn't the overly-molestive type we usually encounter. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, as I had seen an additional Tsuzuki and Watari in the line for the AMV contest. Funny how all these charas pop up but there wasn't a single Tatsumi or Hisoka, besides Ryo and myself (and we were sharing the costume). Wahhh!!! I wanted to see a Tatsumi!
Oh, and about the proposed Yu Yu photoshoot? Well, as dummy me, left my cell phone in the room on our YamiMatsu costume change, they called us to tell us that they were there. We missed the shoot and missed out on using our Yu Yu costumes....funny how fate works out, ne? I felt really bad...but there wasn't anything I could do....well, except get a new brain....-_-
Well, around 5-ish, I said I needed to pick up the last few things for the skit (a clock, a chair, and a table). Leave it to fate to totally screw us over on that.... Next post I'll fill you in on the magical night of Der Cosplay and what really went on behind the scenes.....

*Till next time Lunies!*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home