Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Monday, September 22, 2003

Kozumi's Quote of the Week:

"You can spell souls backwards and it still doesn't change the fact that I own yours."
--Loki, speaking to Aina on the finer points of making sense. (Ragnarok Metropolis)

Yes, I admit it. I'm a pedophile. More than that, I'm a Lokiophile. Lolicon for Loki....Lokicon. XD XD But yes, I mean the Norse God Loki, the Trickester God, the God who sets Ragnarok into motion. This new/old obsession with this Nordic god stems from my middle school years, when I would curl up with hot chocolate on that old couch in my grandmother's house in the winter, with a warm blanket and Granpa's old myth books. These old things were just about ready to fall apart (and still are), smelled of dust and must (ha ha rhymes ^^), but they had some cool stories about Greek Gods, Hans Christian Anderson's fables, Grimm's Fairy tales, and of course, stories of Vallhalla and Asgard, the halls of the Norse Gods. Though I only had a few stories (around 10) on said Scandinavian gods, I ate these gems up, reading these tales over and over till I memorized them.

Loki was always my favorite, his feats of tricks and cunning were adventurous, and sometimes humorous....

Loki: Like the time me and Thor dressed up like women.

Hush. Though he grew more and more evil with each story, ultimately "offing" Odin's son Baldur (sungodbishonen type, yes I know that's a run on), he still held a special place in my heart as my all-time favorite god, next to Hermes and Artemis. He's so evil....^^

So anyway, back in middle school, I made up a comic series about the Norse gods, Loki and Thor taking the forefront of the stories, with Iduna (keeper of the Apples of Youth) close behind. I quickly abandoned it because 1) I didn't draw every well back then...^^;;;, and 2) I got swept up in the Sailor Moon rage way back when. But with pretty boy Chumsy (nickname) and his Ragnarok manga, and Tsunami Anime Club's showing of Mandantei Loki Ragnarok, I've been given a second wind for the old series.... Loki's at the forefront (of course) but I center the story on him and the girl he stays with while he searched for the other reincarnations of the Norse Pantheon. Aina and Loki ahve this great chemistry. He terrorizes her, she beats him up....they're such loving siblings! But they're not related....! Ma-ha! The whole series went through major changes, with Loki looking 9-10 years old now, and Bragi (Iduna's husband, keeper of the story that never ended or ever got boring) is a manga-ka with a manga series going into 60 volumes! Iduna works at a different orchard every episode ("I got sick of apples...."), Baldur and his brother Hoder are the bad guys, and I think Freya's gonna be a goth. And Odin's gonna be a pirate. Yeah, its gonna be weird, I gurantee it, but as soon as I beat out everything, this may make a great webcomic.

So ya! Loki, welcome to Random Lunacy.

Loki: ^_^ Whee!!! Do I get a treat?
Kozumi: You get to have cheesecake.
Loki: ^_^ I am a happy god!!!
Aro: Easy to please, ain't he?
Aina: Wait till he dumps cold water on you to make you get up and make pancakes.
Loki: ^_^

I think he'll fit in just fine. So all, ya'll, if you can gimme a hand with the story mayhaps, I'd be a happy widget. Homework!!!! XD Just kidding.

Homwork: I've cleared away who Bragi, Iduna, Odin, Baldur, Hoder, Freya, the Fenris/Fenrir wolf, and Loki. For those who know the other Norse gods, gimme a suggestion on who they may be in modern times. If Tyr was the god of war, would he be a samurai? Throw out ideas, I don't think anything could be weirder than Odin being a drunk old pirate. XD XD

*Till next time Lunies!*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home