Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Thursday, September 04, 2003

Kawaii-chan's Word of the Week:

Ghettofantastic (adj)- Being or having qualities that are very decepit, shoddy or "ghetto" (see ghetto) yet in some way is nice, functional, or at the very least somewhat asthetically pleasing.

Kawaii-chan: Or something.

Diz: So, good whatever, whenever ya'll are reading this.
Lex: Your at, if you missed the large blue letters at the top, Random Lunacy.
Aro: Posting live from...where...?
Ashton: From the inside of a gall bladder.
Bethany: No we're not...
Aro: We're in the middle of Nowhere....
Ashton: Is that Courage over there...?
Lex (laughing): Stupid dog!
Anna: We're in The Wired.
Lex: We're in Mabase.
Anna: And now with the FLCL refernces.
Bethany: "Here I come 'n get it!!!"
Lex: Mmm, God bless Engrish.
Aro: Kami, buressu Engurish....
Anna: And now we introduce ourselves! I'm Anna Mei, Otakuess.
Lex: I'm Lex McCloud, Gamer Extraordinaire.
Ashton: Ashton Crow, Evil Science Teacher.
Bethany: So we're doing occupations? I'm Bethany Rycroft, Manga-ka.
Aro: I'm Aro of Swords, Resident Badass.
Lex: Master Carddass....
Aro: Ah, the heady days of trading Sailor Moon cards.....
Anna: Yeah.....(singing) "Those were the daaaaaayyyyyysss!!!"
Aro: -_- Right! Onto the post!

Hey all. Betcha missed me.

Ashton: Who would miss you? (gets beaned by an oatmeal canister)

Anywayz, still getting swamped by homework and other projects involving cutting out black paper and white bristol board. Joy. So we'll be updating normally sometime soon so don't fret.

We've taken a head count in the Head and we've come up with around 25 different personas and personalities altogether. So now, Random Lunacy comes with an extra helping of randomness, with all your favorite psychos all battling for for supremecy and control of the main body (namely me). As of now, there's an epic battle for who gets to choose what the new Control looks like, with the old fashioned wheel and stick shift and the Playstation 2 controller being the leading contenders. Fun fun fun. Personally, I'd put my money down on the old Sarturn NiGHTS pad.

NiGHTS: ^_^ Whee, how fun!
Diz: But the NiGHTS pad is nothing more than the Dreamcast's predicessor.
NiGHTS: But mine is black! ^_^
Diz: -_-

Plus, if anyone has some contribution as to what you'd like to see, like what kind of specials or features are interesting.

Bethany: Like special guests. Anyone like special guests?
Aro: We hate special guests.
Rya: I like it when Syndelin does the human beatbox.
Syndelin (does human beatbox): Wicky scratch wickey wickey scratch.
Ashton: I like it when Aise does entries.
Aro: We hate it when Aise does entries.
Kozumi: Yeah, cuz then we ukes get beaten.
Lex: We hate it when we get beat up.
Ashton: Why do you think I like having her around?

So any input would be greatly appreciated. I guess.....

Interesting thing happened yesterday. As you know (for those who have cable, that is), Nickelodeon, along with Cartoon Network sometime do these off-color, odd, and sometimes ridiculous ads for the networks. One that comes to mind is the CN ad where they have Fred Flintstone, Chicken from "Cow and Chicken" and that one He-Man look-alike battling for the last parking spot in the CN parking lot with Speed Racer and Scooby-Doo. Its hysterical, and if you haven't see it, you need to find a way to do so. Another interesting one was CN's "8 Degrees of Velma" where they connected random cartoon stars to Velma from Scooby-Doo. Nick has some intersting ones but none jump out at me as good. A good number of those include the hosts of Slime Time Live, or whatever its called.
The ad I saw yesterday was one such ad with these hosts. But this ad was a spoof, as Nick sometimes does, CN included (though they do far more, and far better ones). It occured after Spongebob, (cuz I like to watch Toonami but I dislike Dragon Ball Z so I watch Spongebob) during the credits when they smash the credits of the toon to the side and do a split screen for advertisements/commercials. Well, the ad was for Slime Time Live, featuring the hosts spoofing the opening to "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy". I kid you not. They had that camera effect where everything is reduced to blocky color and the various hosts were answering their flip top cell phones with the logo of the show emblazoned on the screen, just like Queer Eye. And at the end, it had the montage of the hosts all walking towards the camera. It was a carbon copy of Queer Eye's opening. I even asked my sisiter if what we were watching was what I thought it was, cuz sometimes I miss the opening of the show for one reason or another. But yes, it was a Queer Eye rip-off.
Now I ask you, *who* the hell in their target audience is gonna catch that? Seriously, for the target audience to fully grasp the spoof's joke, you have to assume that they watch both Nick toons AND Queer Eye. Now while some of the off-color humor in toons like Spongebob calls for viewers on in a higher age group, I don't think there are very many viewers in my age and interest group that can get the ad. I mean, this network's showing stuff for elementary/middle school aged kids. How many of them actually watch or have seen the opening for Queer Eye?? Or understand what the show's about? Maybe I'm looking far too far into this, but really, the percentage of people who'd fully get the spoof is a smaller number than most networks would require to make an ad campaign. Does anyone find this wrong, or at the very least slightly disturbing?? Maybe its just me, but tell me if I'm kicking anything in the head for this.

Whelps, enough of that. I've gotta do get ready for anime club and the racous times that will no doubt ensue. I hear we're watching the Mahoromatic Summer Special and that's enough to make some fanboys I know drool. Soooo, feeback Lunies! And I'll see ya'll on the flip side!

Jai  Rodrigez
You MUST be a good dancer when you're JAI Rodrigez:
Culture Vulture, *breaks out in salsa moves*


What Fab 5 member from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy are you?(with pics)
brought to you by Quizilla

At least I'm hot!!! Yai yai yaiiiiiiiiiii!!! (tangos)

*Till next time, Lunies!*

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home