Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Kozumi's Quote of the Week:

"Oh yeah, becoming an vengeful, murderous spirit is actually a career choice in the AfterLife. You should look into it."
--Aro, to Kage, regarding the Urban Legend ghost Bloody Mary (Case 2)

Waiiii!! Tadaima, minna-san!! And man, what a trip it was!

First rant: WAHHHH!!! Space Mountian's closed til 2005!!!! T_T (weeps ucontrollably) How can this BE?! I know they want to refurbish it but.....T_T You can just go to Disneyland and NOT ride Space Mountain! ARGH!!!!! (starts to beat holes in wall)

Lex: Umm....you guys think we should take over?
Ashton: Give her a few more minutes.

Do you know how long I'd been waiting to ride that?! That's one of my all-time favorite rides! I was all ready to ride, what with my iPod cued up to Two-Mix's TRUST ME and everything. Man, my disappointment was like nothing I've ever had....not even a rejection letter from Tokyopop's Rising Stars of Manga could match that.... Well, maybe it would...but trust me (no pun intended), I was not a happy camper. Ah well.....I hope they end up smoothing it all out...and add the music right back, cuz then I won't hafta use my iPod....which isn't bad, nor is it the best...cuz I really wanted to listen to TRUST ME while jetting around in Space Mountain. Ah well....I did get to fire up Meeting on the Planet while on California Screamin', which is now sharing the second place spot with Goliath, which I saw in fine form and action en route to Anaheim. We even passed Knotts Berry Farm, with GhostRider also in fine form (a classic wooden rollar coaster), Supreme Scream, a double towered Drop Zone type ride, and my personal fave to watch and fantasy to ride: Xcelerator, a sit-down coaster with wild turns, just a smidge over 1 minute's time and a rumored top speed of 82 mph! My God, I nearly had a heart attack seeing this baby climb over this HUGE hill, then proceeded to plunge its riders down and through these amazingly crazy turns......(drool) I'll sell my soul to ride that....

Ashton: Hang on.....I'll get that.
Satan: Your eternal soul for a rollar coaster? I'll even throw in a Fast Pass with it.
Aisu: Hands off, Old Man, its taken.
Aro: Not by you, I must add.
Kage: Its mine!
Bethany: Its mine!
Dio: Bakas.....

To tell the truth, I think I've already lost possession of the soul....and my sexuality....conscience....humor....mind....etc. Anyway, that's not the point. the point is that scallops will fly out of my pants.

Aro: O_o
Dio: O_o
Diz: ???

Annnnddd, on to the rest of the vacation.....The family thing was a blast, given that the road trip down south was crazy due to all of us being hyper.... This is a bit frightening since one rarelys sees one's own grandparents hyper. Anyway, we had to leave Saturday because I had this mandatory councelor thingy for the summer camp this next week. We stayed at a Ramada Inn, which was ok enough except my dad snores and I'm a light sleeper. ^_^;;; We spent one day at Disney land, and the second day at California Disneyland.

Sunday was filled with much walking and many rides, all of which my grandparents rode on. Its cool when everyone does something together, you know? We even watched the parade and the fireworks show, which is always a treat. My camera (digital) was wigging out the whole trip so I didn't even get a picture with Belle. Penny got one with Ariel, her mermaid idol. She is such a Little Mermaid freak.

We did all the requisite rides, ie Pirates of the Caribbean (which we Fast Passed cuz the line was too damned long...I blame Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom), Haunted Mansion (which I found didn't bother me as much, since we didn't get stuck, more on that later), and even the Matterhorn, which Denali rode as well. See, Denali hates rollar coasters, she doesn't even like Space Mountain (T_T sniff), but she rode on Matterhorn and liked it. It was weird.... Teacups are as fun as always, and Granny wanted to ride on It's a Small World, so we did that too. One thing bugged me tho, and I don't mean the song. I noticed this small lil thing: THERE WERE NO PHILLIPINOS ON THIS RIDE. They had many cultures but no Phillipinos. Hell, they even had Easter Island! I felt like going into a Rex Naverette (sp?) rant, regarding his grandfather and his rant on how Snow White and the Seven Dwarves didn't have Phillipinos....

Rex's Lolo: See all those Dwarves...? They're kind-of a-short...? They like to work a lot...? Sometimes no money....They gamble.... And all of them are single bachelors....? Hauh? Bachelors! Like the Pillipinos of the 1920's..... And they all have to share ONE white woman....? They could be Phillipino! Start the film projector boy!

I was all, "Stop the ride! This is a racist ride!! Racist! There should be Phillipinos, there's no Phillipinos, Goddang there's no Phillipinos, there got to be Phillipinos, I want to see a Phillipino in this ride!" XD Well, not really but I was listening to that track on my iPod....Rex Naverette is so freakin funny.... Maybe they were in the back...I dunno, maybe working the dolls or pulling the platforms or something, you know out of sight.... Welp that's Disney for ya.

Monday we checked out California Disneyland, and made sure we got a Fast Pass for Soarin' Over California. Its a sim ride, where you sit in these hanging seats and it simulates gliding, while you watch California scenery whiz by, with scents like oranges or pine tree, or ocean smells breezing past. Man, it was one of the coolest rides ever. You have to try it, and I suggest you do, at least twice. Sitting int he front row is prime, cuz then you don't have people's feet hanging above you. Its not bad anywhere else but its a whole different experience from the front. Then we hit the Grizzly Rapids ride, the usual tire-floaty water ride in which people get soaked. The cool thing about it was that it kept you spinning, the raft, so that you didn't know who was gonna have their back to the dips and falls. See, most people knoiw if you have your back to a drop on a water ride (the ones that are free floating tube types, like Rip Roaring Rapids), you're gonna get soaked big time. When it came to the big drop, we ended up with Denali and Granny with their backs to it. But when the release for the drop let go, the ride had been fahsioned to SPIN the raft as it fell. Meaning that though they had their backs to it, the bottom soak spot had me and Granpa with our backs to it. Meaning: SPLASH and SOAK. XD It was great. We all got throughly wet, it was cool.

After that, Penny wanted to show Granny Downtown Disney, a sort of Santana Row (for all you Bay Area readers), outdoor shopping center, with her favorite stores, like Sephora. Denali's a shopper at heart...^_^;; So Dad and I got a Fast Pass for California Screamin', then we hit the huge ferris wheel and MaliBOOMer. The ferris wheel had two types of cars: one that was the typical car on a ferris wheel, and the pther was on a track that would slide and swing along it. Obviously, Dad and I did that one. The view was spectacular! I tried to get some shots but my camera was complete crap so I think I got some wide panoramic shots rather than some neat arial close-ups of things like the Anaheim Angel's stadium and Matterhorn Mountain. C'est la vie. It was fun all in all, despite the excessive swinging over the mock bay. On that small note: California Disneyland has an actual Bay Area section with, get this, an actual water bay. Its tiny, of course, compaired to the real thing but its pretty damn cool to take pictures from the wharf at the boardwalk area. Coolbeans.

MaliBOOMer, another ride on the midway, was something like a cross between Drop Zone and one of those strength testers with the bell at the top of its tower and a hammer to hit the ringer at the bottom....hmmm, that description doesn't make much sense.... I've been told that London's Playstation (yes, a ride called the Playstation, I nearly wet my pants whn I saw it) is a lot like it: you shoot up instead of down and bounce your way back down to the starting point. Kinda like a yo-yo. It was cool and it took us a grand total of 14 minutes to wait in line and ride it. Cool.

California Screamin' was, strangely, not as much as I had hoped the first time I rode it, the year California Disneyland opened. True, it was long, 2 minutes and 17 seconds thereabouts. It even has a catapault start up, hitting what I think its something like 60 mph up its first hill. But something was....lacking.... But this time, I had an absolute blast, rocketing Screamin's place from 8th place to 2nd on my personal Top Ten. Maybe it was because I was riding with someone I knew (Dad), maybe cuz I didn't ride Space Mountain (T_T), maybe even cuz I was blasting Two-Mix's Meeting on the Planet from my iPod.... What ever the reason, I loved every second of it from the start to the finish. For all you rail junkies, try California Screamin'; its a blast and a half.

The family decided to head back to Disneyland for Fantasmic, since we've all see the Electric Light Parade. Plus Dad and I wanted to hit Spalsh Mountain, since we all missed it the first time and Denali doesn't like those rides. -_- But when we got there, we noticed the line was held up and no logs were going down the best part, the huge drop in the front of the ride. Seems there must have been something wrong with it so we decided to go meet up with Granny, Granpa, and Denali for Fantasmic. T_T Now that was 2 rides I missed at DL..... Ironically, an hour before Fantasmic, the ride started up again, but by that time, it was too cold. T_T Fate had it out for me this time.

We finally got to see Fantasmic, the light show on the other side of the Disneyland park, on Tom Sawyer Island. Basically it was part lazer light show, part light parade over water, part pyrotechnic, and all cool. Though we sat down in a cramped space for TWO hours waiting for it, we still thought it was pretty neat. It had Mickey Mouse using his "Imagination" (cue Spongbob's Rainbow Hands) to make pretty things come out, like a few boat floats with the Disney Princesses (Belle, Snow White, and Denali's fave, Ariel) and a rendition of the Sorceror's Apprentice. There was footage of various Disney movies projected on, geth this, sheets of WATER. Think Fanime 03 Masquerade with water instead of projection screens and Disney movies instead of AMVs. Halfway thru the Happy Mickey Imagination-ness Fun Time, the Wicked Queen, along with the demon of Bald Mountain, Ursela and malificent (my fave Disney Villain) decide to "take over Mickey's mind" and give him nightmares. I am not kidding. Hey, its Disneyland, cheese is bound to occur. So then we get assaulted by various footage of the villains doing that they do best, along with the Wicked Queen's talking mirror. There was some cool water effects, and then the Colombia (one of the river boats) came sailing on with a fight with Captain Hook and Peter Pan. It was cool, before it lit up (when it was shrouded in darkness), it let off this cannon explosion that totally scared Penny. XD Then Malificent did her thing and transformed into the huge demon dragon that Mickey had to battle. It was kinda cheesy but cool looking at the same time. She spat fire and even made the lake/river ignite on fire for a bit. Then Mickey zapped her with some green stuff and she and the other villains were destroyed. This involved much pyrotechnics, so I was a happy pyro. ^_^ Cue more footage of melting villains on the water screens. With the villains vanquished, the happy citizens of DL came out on the other river boat (the other one, I think it was the Mark Twain) and waved around streamers to celebrate their victory. Excpet that Beast's (Beauty and the Beast) streamer was stuck and he was thrashing it around trying to loosen it like a madman. XD Then there was more pyrotechnics that lit up the sky. And then it was over. It was pretty cool except my butt fell asleep and my knees were whacked out. ^_^;;

We headed back to the hotel to sleep in that night. We slept in Tuesday cuz we were planning to leave. But we visited the Ripley's Belive it or Not museum before we left and checked out some of the oddities there. It was pretty cool. There were things I never knew, like how curling your tongue is genetic (I don't have the genes T_T), and other things. I'd inundate ya'll with random Ripley's facts, like the double pupiled man or Madonna's real name, but this thing's already long enough. Suffice it to say it was the coolest museum trip I've taken in years. We bought some stuff, Denali got some books on some of the exhibits.... What wasn't there were the Fertility Statues, you know the statue that are rumored to make a woman pregnant with just a touch? I really wanted to see them....but Dad would have cut off my hands before he'd let me get within 6 feet of them. XD Anyway, after the museum, we headed home, for the 6 hour road trip on I-5. We stopped at thsi restaurant and there were stray kitties outside. Kawaii. >^_^<

We pulled into home sweet home around 10-ish and after my shower, I promptly fell asleep. And that was the weekend trip thingy.... Well, better finish up, given I just spent around three hours doing this. ^^;;; The usual antics will start tomorrow, only they won't last for long....more on that later. Welp, catch ya'll on the flip side!

*Till next time Lunies!*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home