Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Friday, July 18, 2003

Syndelin: Shut up, you damned pop-up warnings, before I throw your ass out the window.
Lex: Sounds like a personal problem.
Syndelin: My damned laptop's being a little b^@$!......
Aro (amused): Uh oh! Violence!
Diz: Looks like today's post will run a little more PG-13.
Syndelin: Whelp, yeah, ok, I'm not gonna have a laptop for today's post....
Aro: Its not like we need one, given we're using a home desktop for the post.
Diz: Ah well, maybe you shouldn't have downloaded all those yaoi doujinshi yesterday.
Syndelin (frustrated at computer): Dammit, no, I store all that on my slave drive. (to laptop) What's wrong with you..?
Aro: I thought you put that all on your iPod.
Lex: It *is* a 30 gig.
Syndelin: Well, we'd better do intros. I'm Syndelin "Mac Head" Valentine.
Lex: I'm Lex "Kickin Gamer" McCloud.
Aro: I'm Aro "Card Master" ....of Swords....damn I don't have a last name....
Diz: I'm Diz "Sw33t G4mer" Maxwell.
Diz: >.>
Diz: <.<
Diz: ^.^
Diz: XD
Syndelin: Don't give me that.
Aro: Doing intros here is fun.
Syndelin (to laptop): Work damn you!

Huh, these get weirder as time goes on. Well, let's catch up, ne?

Last post, I said my grandparents were coming back. They said they'd be there around 5-ish, that day (Wed.). I thought it'd take awhile, since they were on a train. So imagine my surprise when I got a call from Granny's cell at noonish or so to open the garage door. I told her, confused as to why she was telling me this when she should still be in NEVADA, why, cuz my car was in the garage and the Toyota was in the other side. I open up my car grarage and see them pull past in this white SUV. O_o I thought it was a rental....which begged the question, did they get a rental from Iowa, or get one from Vallejo? And they lied to us!!! They said they were on a train! And here they were in this shiny new Lexus SUV.
After the usual hugging, kissing, shouting in joy reunion dealie, I asked them where they got the rental. Get this: it wasn't a rental, it was THEIRS. My grandparents bought a LEXUS. A Lexus!!! My god I was shocked. It was one of those nice ones, 2001 I think, or 2000, with a GPS guidance system and a sunroof. Daaaaaaanggg, like I saw this coming! O_o See, before they left, my Cousin/Aunt said they were getting rid of it and Granny asked how much she was selling it. Her asking price? $28,000. O_o x2 I hear those things go for something like $45,000 and up. So, as an anniversary present, they bought it from her. And then they drove it home. Used, but gently, it had something like 35,000 miles on it.....or something, cars aren't my forte. My God, I can't belive they bought a Lexus....Granny always ssaid she wanted one....but daaaaamn. Anyway, that was Wednesday...and an eventful one it was...... I wonder if she's let me drive it....^^;;

Yesterday, I met up and had lunch at Tapioca Express on Capitol with my ex-boyfriend (no. 1, FYI), something we set up....um, prolly Wed nite, to talk and catch up. Man, some things never change! Still talks the same and everything. Still got the same sense of twisted humor. But, retracting that first comment, yeah some things *don't* change, yet others too. I found out a lot but the most important thing was this: college changes people. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for neither better or worse, and sometimes for the very worse. Now, all I'll say for my ex is that college loosens one up, but it was a definite change.
I also noticed, after the catching up and I went home, that a bunch of my friends have changed after high school and getting into college. Some I've grown closer to, while others have drifted away. Maybe its wasn't so much as a change in some, but more like I saw them in a different light after high school. In some instances, I saw them have problems that I didn't seem to notice or see in high school. I guess I was a bit naiive back then, not seeing real life problems in people I knew from class. After high school, the freedom that college give (whether in small degrees or large) makes peopel different. More cynical seems to be the most common change in most of my friends. Its odd, to see that happen to a friend or two in particular. It bothers me. What could have happened, or not happened, as the case may be? I can't blame that on the fact I'm not there as much anymore; its not my fault and I have no right to say it is. But sometimes I wonder, if we were all going to the same school like before, would all this drama have happened? Would we all be the people we are now? I've become who I've become because I've had to adapt without certain people who were in my life before. Is it just me?
Getting into college changed me too. I've been lied to, depended on, overstressed and used. With my third year starting, I've noticed that I too have become more cynical, less compassionate, less caring. I can't justify by saying it was because I was betrayed and stuff, but that's just what happened. For some, you've noticed a marked difference I have towards people nowadays. I don't pity some like I used to, I don't have the compassion, I don't seem to care. In short, I've become more of a bitch. I suppose this self-centerted part of me grew from the fact that I was used and played over and over, especially in recent months. I've noticed this too but I don't want to go back to how I used to be. I don't want to be tricked anymore, and if that means I'm going to treat you like dirt when you piss me off, then so be it. I don't blame this on anyone but myself, for not being more careful with my fellings and compassion.
Saying that, I can see why some people have changed. Things happen, you deal, learn, then move on. If it hardens you, so be it. It's part of life. I do wish for the old days where things like this didn't happen to me or others. But all I can do is keep those memories alive, treasure them, and perhaps share them with others.
I don't know what I'm trying to say here. I guess what I'm trying to get at is change as you need to, but remember who you really are, and don't change so much that you lose your old, true friends. And for Godsakes, lighten up. I'm trying to, so should you. We're all young, let's enjoy it without the crap and drama. That's for people hitting their midlife crisises. XD J/K

Let's all go....together.
*Till next time....*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home