Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Kawaii-chan's Word of the Week:
Decrepit--(adj) 1) Broken down or worn out, as from long use or old age. [Riverside Webster's II Dictionary, revised edition, 1996]
2) a word that's fun to say. De-Cre-Pit....

With Legacy of Kain: Defiance in development, Random Lunacy's throwing a huge LoK party tonight, with special guests Darth Vader and Mr. T. And...I guess, Raziel

Raziel: ..................You're kidding me.
Lex: Mr. T?? Shoot, that guy's so frickin' cool.
Raziel: ......Humans.....
Ashton & Aro: Hey hey...

Ne, Raziel, I just downloaded the Defiance IGN E3 video. Damn cool music. Kinda like Evanescence meets Prodigy and Linkin Park, with a lil Adema mixed in. Any ideas on who it is? It's not Kurt Harland...too techno/raver like.

Raziel: Actually its the newly formed Omen Reaver Band, put together for the game by Michael Bell. I play lead guitar while Kain mixes tracks on his 303.

................

Raziel: How the hell would I know? I wasn't at E3, Kain was.
Aro: Actually I was wondering how you could play a guitar with three claws on each finger.
Syndelin: What difference does it make? When mixing tracks like this, you don't need a lot of music; you just need a riff or two. Then you loop it. Why play a whole song when you can loop?
Raziel: The only looping here is our hostess *playing* the damned trailer on loop on Quicktime while posting.

Its a damn good song. I wonder if its ripable on iDVD....

Syndelin: Hey!! You can't do that!

Oh that's right. I meant, I wonder if the music is ripable too...

Syndelin: That's my girl!
Lex: At least she's not looping the Doll Reaver: Legacy of Turelzevir video.
Raziel: Oh God, if I have to watch that one more time....

For all you Mr. T fans (and probably Comics Crossover fans, they love the Mr. T Vs. stuff), I suggest hoppin over to The Lost Worlds
(http://www.thelostworlds.net/) and checking out the April Fool's section for the jokes pulled by the host himself and another gent who's Doll Reaver prank sent me to the floor rolling in laughter. Mr. T never looked so cool.... Plus, he runs over Moebius with his van. That's worth the price of admission alone. Mr. T rocks.

Lex: Another website plug?
Syndelin: Wouldn't be Random Lunacy without them. Or the "Of the Weeks" with Kozu and Kawaii-chan.

Damn this song rocks. Loop loop loop.... Most people don't know it, but we're pretty big Legacy of Kain fans here, original fans from the first game, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. Then came Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain and that clentched it. Raz has been a permanent resident of my head since. He actually was in Neo Black 9 for a large stint but had to be replaced just recently with another due to publishing and copyright laws. With a character with nearly the same name. Of course.

Aro: Laws suck.
Lolita: Yes, but they make the country run smooth...enough....without anarchy and chaos. Excluding the most recent presidential election.
Aro: Okay, I like having roads and making sure that we're all somewhat safe and the such but the system stinks.
Lolita: All right, can't argue there.

Yeah, well, I think that Raz had some good years with us...ne?

Raziel: Not particularly.
Rya: You wanna say that again, Blue Boy?
Raziel: By Gainsborough?
Rya: She's not here, the florist, I mean.
Raziel: Damn tangents....
Rya: Hey some of our best stuff came when you were here.
Raziel: You mean the times when I "spontaneously" combusted 17 times in one episode?
Rya: 1) It was more like 15, and 2) it was in TWO episodes.
Raziel: Episode 4 doesn't exist!!
Rya: No, Episode 20 doesn't exist.
Raziel: What's episode 20?
Rya: Thats' the one where you find out why Who and TenTen hate each other, Ryori doesn't explain anything, and Darek says "excuse me" after he burps.
Raziel: But he *never* says.....oh, I get it. Never mind.

Forget Laurel and Hardy; these guys are a riot and a half. Well, since this seems to be turning into a LoK post, I'll give you the skinny on hwat I know so far about Defiance. Defiance is a noun that means bold resistence to an opposing force or authority or deliberately provacative behavior---

Raziel: The game!! The GAME!!

Oh, right, I meant the game, didn't I? From what I've heard, and seen from trailers, the models look amazing, Raz and Kain fight with their own incarnation of the Soul Reaver, and there's gonna be some crazy cool Devil May Cry-like moves going on for the battle system. No Glyph magic spells this time around, but both characters (whom are both now playable, maybe like Resident Evil, with different storylines) are equiped with telekinesis powers to do things like throw enemies off balconies or into objects like impaling implements or walls.

Inha: All those who believe in telekinesis, raise your hands.
(Many hands go up.)
Inha: All those who *really* believe, raise *my* hand.
(Raziel makes her hand raise.)
Inha: .......................Bastard.

Razi-kun's the only one who can use his Shift ability, but this time portals are not the opition, at least, from what I can tell, early on in the story. That giant squid we all know and loathe has this time abandoned Raziel. As well he should, cuz Raz's all worked up for a little calamari by the time you next encounter him (if ever). Kain isn't going to be "powered down" just cuz he's playable now; no, he's got all his God-like powers for this adventure and he's gonna need it too cuz now the battle system allows for mulitiple enemy attacks for the tried and true gangbang method of combat. The landscapes (both new and , rumored, old) are lush, huge and pretty cool. Here's to hoping that slow downs won't slow the action (even with ten enemies around) and loading screens are cut to a minimum. The old voice cast will be back so I'm squealing in anticipation to hear Michael Bell's and Simon Templeton's work, instead of watching the History Channel constantly in order to see if Bell does voiceovers for an Aztec excavation.

Rya: It drives me nuts, the constant History Channel viewings.

Either that or I fire up my PS2 for the outtakes in SR2.

Rya: ......................I'll behave.

Damn right you will. Or I'll rent "Treasure Planet" again so I can hear Tony Jay do the narrator.

Raziel: The Elder God's a narrator? Damn I gotta get in on this business.

Rya: .....................................You nimbus.

I hope Rene Auberjonois is in it. He does a good Janos. Well, I could go on but, really, check it all out foor yourself. The LoK games are a great series that has a deep, if confusing, storyline, deep characters, and damn good voice work. But of course, anything with Michael Bell's good....except GIJoe, which is more funny in the 80's sorta way than it is good. Here's to Crystal Dynamic's health and prosperity through this time of defiance! May the series gain as much prestige as....DMC? Final Fantasy? We can hope!

Diz: Next up is....well, I'm not exactly sure.....

The Undying First Born
Raziel


Who Is Thine Soul Reaver Persona?
brought to you by Quizilla

Who's your daddy?
.............Well, I guess its Kain.....



Kain
~Kain~
Evil, manipulative, powerful, determined and a
little misunderstood, you know whats best in
the long run, who are they to argue?!


What Soul Reaver creature do you most resemble?
brought to you by Quizilla


Damn straight.

razielim
You are a Razielim. Though your clan was wiped out
long ago in a mass vampire genocide, led by
your very master, you were once a noble and
peaceful vampire clan. If your clan had
flourished, you may have developed wings like
your leader, Raziel, the first lieutenant, did.


Which Legacy of Kain vampire clan are you from?
brought to you by Quizilla

Hmm...a Bishonen vampire lietenant...I could live with that.

Slaugh
What the?....I feel sorry for you, you're a
Slaugh...


Which Soul Reaver 1&2 character are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Dumb as a paper spoon in a knife block eh? But I answered truthfully!!

*Till next time Lunies!*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home