Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Monday, June 02, 2008

Looking About

Kozmui's Quote of the Week:
"If some country ever tried to invade Japan, Japan should just send a small contingent of like 300 old women or something. Have this lady at the front, so she can scream "THIS! IS! NIPPON!" as she kicks some messenger right in his fucking nuts.
Messenger: Our arrows will blot out the sun!

Obasan: Then we will fight under our parasols. Bitch."
--Gaijinsmash.net

A different post of a different nature.
6 Things that are in my room that have been touched in the last 24 hours

1) The Wii
Brawl. 'Nuff said.

2) Red figurine from the Pokemon Trading Figure Game
Binh and I like to do things together, but one of his hobbies I don't really have much interest in is tabletop gaming. I used to roll a lil dice in my day in D&D, but I've always been, and always will be, a video gamer. He's got Warhammer, I've got Animal Crossing. He has Arkham Horror, I have Brawl. We play Warmachines on occasion, but not often, and I only play cuz I have a smoking HOT figurine for my lil army.
But recently we'd seen this Pokemon trading figure game w/ figures that spin. No dice, one playmat, and you can buy a starter set and have at it right off the bat. So I went and got meself the Red starter pack cuz....well, in case you missed it the first few times here (and on my DA), Red aka Pokemon Trainer (Brawl) is fucking HOT.
So Binh picked up the Brendon set, and we're prolly gonna start playing soon, just cuz its a tabletop and he's real keen on getting me off the Wii. XD The figures are really good; nice sculpt and great paint job. For anyone vaguely interested in tabletop games, pokemon, and ....um spinners, check it out. ^^

3) My DS
I got back into Pokemon recently, due to the release of the newest movie and Toys R Us giving away Darkrais. I finally caved and bought Fire Red and Leaf Green, since I reiterate the hotness that is Red, and I wanted to replay the old ones. Before Pearl/Diamond, the last time I played a Pokemon game (and not a spin off) was Red, Blue and Yellow. Same goes for the anime; I got as far a Orange Islands, then skipped whole seasons and regions (but I caught a few movies).
Well, nostalgia came and kicked me in my non-existent nuts, cuz I wiped out the first gym in FR w/ a charmander in my first hour or so. I haven't really put the game down yet, and in between, I'm trying to finish Pearl, so I can Pal Park my dream team (all 3 starters) into my main team in Pearl (w/ a Manaphy and a Darkrai....^^).
And yes. I still play Animal Crossing everyday. ^^ I have over 10 mil in my bank account. ^^

4) The Pink Panther DVD Collection
I love old ass cartoons. ^^ Gimme a box set of Loony Tunes and I'll be glued to the tv for the rest of the day. Sadly, I haven't bought any Tom & Jerry or Loony Tunes dvd sets, but I did get the Pink Panther collection (every ep ever made) from my boyfriend's mother one year for my birthday. I still haven't watched them all (its like 5 disks), but I love just leaving it on in the background while I do stuff. I wished I had Boomerang, cuz I just adore the old Hanna Barbara or Loony Tunes cartoons; I grew up on them, and it saddens me that they're not on readily available channels anymore. I remember before Cartoon network sold out, they had tons of the old stuff, from Birdman to Tom and Jerry, to the Bugs and Daffy Show. Fuck. Now those were the days. Good times.

5) Oil painting supplies
I need to get back and paint. I love painting, but oil painting is such a calming experience (whereas acrylic has now become more of a chore because most of my classes make us use it, and it ceases to be as fun as it used to be). I have about 2 dozen 5"x 7" canvases that I intend to paint more Playmobile bunnies. I still need to finish the Lucas painting and the Kirby for a friend. It might be nice to go back to watercolor, but my paper is too damn big (somewhere in the neighborhood of 30" x 22").

6) Bottle of Henry Weinhard's Root Beer
This stuff is freakin delicious. One'a those gourmet sodas (but not of the Jones variety, thank god) that have a draught style head and glass bottles. My dad gets a case on occasion, and its damned hard not to go through it quickly. I try to limit myself about 1 bottle every 2 days, but...XD And if it wouldn't overflow every time I put the damned bottle down (its super frothy), it'd be the best drink ever.

Well, this was fun. Perhaps I'll do it again sometime. ^^

*til next time, Lunies*

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 7:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red figurine

On the topic of tabletop gaiming, the first I really played was the Epic Warhammer 40k stuff, the really tiddly ones that were little more than plastic toy tanks. I was so young, the rules didn't matter much. I went on to W40k and a random smattering of Eldar and Genestealers. I finally got to Warhammer. I just couldn't be bothered to have to spend so much time painting and carrying them round.

The Pokemon set sounds nice, but I'd so want Blue more than Brendan. Though, Red is good.

Root beer

I feel there's a Ghastly Comic missing herwith the slogan "Super Frothy Spillover Happy Time!"

 
At 2:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone who deletes anonymous comments instead of talking about them tends to show that they would rather just ignore the problem instead of fixing it.

No, not the same anonymous guy. Just a lurker who thinks you shouldn't turn and run.

 
At 11:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate to agree with the lurker, but it is better to solve problems than avoid them. After all, blank spots on a test score nothing, while wrong answers score something.

 
At 4:49 AM , Blogger Rosebud Collection said...

Great blog as usual..Hey, I just tagged you..

 
At 12:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to plan a time and trade/battle our respective pokemon. Let me know if you there are any you need/want and if I have them I'll send them your way. Oh and if you need masterballs I am your hookup. I almost went on a tangent about how you want and need my balls but I restrained myself. ;). I haven't seen the Pokemon desktop stuff but I may have to check it out, my nephew and I regularly trade and he's just now getting into his gaming phase. And Weinhard's Root Beer is FREAKING AWESOME! I love me some Weinhard's! Just a word of advice, don't drink it in the car and if you do make sure the label is visible to law enforcement. I was drinking a bottle in my car with my then 14 year old nephew when a cop pulled up beside me and shot me daggers. I couldn't figure out why till I remembered what my nephew and I were drinking. I showed him the label and box and he was cool but yeah he totally thought I was drinking and driving and contributing to a minor as well. Could I make this comment any longer? Probably but I won't. XD

 
At 4:54 AM , Blogger Rosebud Collection said...

Now this was an interesting blog..a little of this and a little of that..
Use to enjoy a good Root Beer float..
Hey, on the watercolor paper..why don't you fold and rip it into sizes you want..Maybe, I misunderstood what you said. I enjoy acrylics only for the the speed in drying..I am so impatient..

 
At 9:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.camz.com

 
At 2:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still haven't gotten my hands on a Darkrai, how will I ever become a Pokemon master???
Pssst...Hey Dio...I like your blog.

 
At 10:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one, Dio. I've become much more motivated lately to get a pencil in my hand much more often. I never really got into painting all that much though. Just too time consuming, expensive, and I'd rather just get much better with pencils before I move on to anything else. It is fun though.

Man, I'm starting to feel like I'm the only person in the universe who isn't into Pokemon. When people start up talking about it I have no idea what they're going on about. Guess I'm just out of the loop. Maybe there really is something to it if everyone's doing it. Maybe I'm just square.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home