Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Monday, April 21, 2008

Brawl Owns Me, But Not as Much as Lucas Does

Kozumi's Quote of the Week:
"You're a Pedo."
--A friend when I expressed my VERY PURE LOVE for Mother 3's Lucas

So I've been Brawling this last weekend, not doing homework like I should. Silly me thought I could finish Sub-Space Emissary in one day.

Lex: You're a moron.
Diz: Says the guy who tried to drill a hole through his head.
Lex: And that woulda worked if you hadn't stopped me.

I suppose I could start a diary, but its better w/ pictures. Pretty pictures. So watch this space for coming attractions. Ha. So far I am pleased with it, but at the same time am screaming "YOU CHEATING WHORE" roughly every 8 seconds, be it at actual players or the cpu AI. Final verdict? I'll be playing this baby waaaayyyyy more than MySims. Not much more than NiGHTS, a bit more mayhaps, but NiGHTS owns my soul....sorta. Maybe. Yeah.

NiGHTS: Beatable in 2 hours w/ story! YAY.

Ok, back to my new obsession w/ Brawl. You have to understand that I'm not a fighting gamer. My genres are usually the platformer (a dying breed), the RPG (not MMO or strategy), action-adventure, and the horror game. The only fighting game I play w/ and decency is Super Smash Bros, with the exception of Fighters Megamix, which was sadly not very popular w/ gamers. I love the SSB series because of the accessability of the button scheme, the paradox of simplicity and complexity, and for the wealth of items to throw at people from across the way. So, when Melee came out and my friends were beating each other with Zelda and Peach and Pikachu, I undertook my secret training to become awesome as Young Link. I'm not the best YL, but I'd like to think my bombs and pogostick can fucking rape your DK. XD
So Brawl comes along and while I haven't unlocked Toon Link (death from cell-shaded bombs of DOOM), I've been boning up on my regular, normal-sized Link. PLaying Sub-Space Emissary, I've developed a love for the little cutie called Lucas.
Photobucket
You look at that and tell me he isn't the cutest little psycher this side of Brinstar (wow, talk about mixing series XD). I have to say that I'm quite fond of Mother 3's protagonist. He's so cute and in Emissary, the most vulnerable character next to....well. Hm. Even Peach and Zelda kick mother fucking ass and drink tea. FUCK YES. But back to Lucas. I just wanna take him home and cuddle him, he's so adorable. He's one reason I almost started a new blog called Video Game CUte Overload. XD He's the kinda kid you want to ask over for milk and cookies, but I have a sneaky suspicion that Ness would whack me in the knees w/ his baseball bat like so much Nancy Kerrigan.
Photobucket
Seriously. Lucas is fucking adorable. XD Kirby too. He jiggles like jelly. Him and King DeDeDe.
So now I'm faced with learning an Earthbound/Mother character, when the only experience I've had is Link (and Pit, to a lesser extent). I'm ready. I'll do anything for my Lucas. ^^ Even learn the fine art of PK moves.
So I'm ready, asshole. BRING IT.

*PK THUNDER, Lunies!*

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

His hair reminds me of ice cream. I have no Wii, weep for me.

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Dio said...

Well, when you do, I know which game you'll get first. ^^

....Hrm. 1st 2 games, maybe? I dunno, NiGHTS is superwheefun and beautiful to boot. Then again, there's nothing as fun as beating the tar out of Luigi with a 14 yar old psycher. So I guess it would be your choice.

Yeah, I'm so rubbing salt on your wounds....^^;;;

 
At 3:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the first we'll either be SSB or Mario Kart, and I will dutifully be beaten senseless in both of them by any challengers.

Mm, rub-rub.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home