Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Summer Fever, Terminal Case

Kozumi's Quote of the Week:
I'm not very good at video games. I'm really not. The entire industry has gone over my head and past my fingers and between my legs. I am just not schooled. That said, when it comes to either of the Smash titles, I could kick all of yer asses. It's true. I use Pikachu on both -- something that started as a gag ("Oh look, I'm being the minuscule and bitty cute rat Pikachu -- LOOK AT ME!") soon grew into a more sincere appreciation for what the character brought to the table: The ability to shoot fucking lightning at everyone else. I've got Samus trying to rope me with a fishing line on one side and Donkey Kong doing the Flamenco on the other. Yeah, look up at the sky, bitches.
--Matt, of X-Entertainment, on Super Smash Bros.

Dio: Good morning, etc, Lunies.
Lex: Today, we're posting from bed.
Diz: Its not laziness if you're actually doing something.
Dio: Which is?
Diz: Playing Brawl.
Lex: WHOA, when did we get Brawl??
Diz: Last night. We sold off your dignity for it.
Lex: ..........My dignity is $50?
Dio: Actually, $42.11. We had a pre-order down payment and a gift card.
Lex: Well, did you get change?
Diz: This is your dignity we're talking about. I'm surprised it was even worth $40.
Lex: I hate you.

Well, per usual, I've been bit by the Summer Fever bug far too early but can you blame me? It was a pleasant 80 or so degrees out yesterday, and I had to use my ceiling fan and leave the window open for the first time this year (not counting parties, since my room always gets packed by like 16 people in this tiny assed room). It was quite nice really.

I tend to get reminescent at the drop of a hat, and even the tiniest little things can get me feeling nostalgic. Example: this morning, after I woke up, I reached up and pulled the chain on my lamp to turn off the fan. The subtle click instantly took me back to middle school, when I used to spend my summer breaks in Vallejo, Ca. at my grandmother's house. We had an old ceiling fan there too. I used to tie ribbons on the chains so I didn't have to stand on my bed to turn them on and off. The sound of wind through an open car window reminds me of all my summer vacations to Disneyland.

I'm 25 now, I just filed my taxes, and I just got my own health insurance. I've had months to really try to wrap my mind around the concept of adulthood, but I just can't help feeling like a kid during summer and October. I guess I had a pretty good childhood; I think the best times of my life were middle school and high school, which is more than most kids can say these days. But maybe its that buffer of time, the work experience, the jury duties, all that adult stuff that really sweetens those childhood memories. I guess I have to admit I miss being a kid.

Then again, the adult stuff is fun too. ^_____^

*Til next time, Lunies*

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The question on the lips of everybody is: who bought the dignity and what have they done with it now?!

 
At 7:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guise, I'm afraid to find out. Sounds like something that would end up turning into a story on your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home