Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Monday, May 05, 2008

A Meme??

Kozumi's Quote of the Week:
"Didn't think I'd get so much for so little by something so hot.
--Jyun on Bunny Haruhi and boxes of hentai.

Ok. I'm running on less sleep than a CS major in finals, but I still feel obligated to do this since I was tagged in a rather round about way, and hell, I'd never done it. This 6 things meme came from
  • Guise
  • , who was tagged by kittymao, who was in turned tagged by The Pilver. I do not know who tagged her first. Its like telephone, only I'm still understanding that the point is not about ostriches but random facts.

    Seriously. I need some sleep. ^^ Mr. Sandman, you're a dick.

    The rules:1) Link back to the person who tagged you. 2) Post the rules on your blog. 3) Write six things about yourself. 4) Tag six people at the end of your post by posting links to their blog sites. 5) Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their site. 6) And let your tagger know when your entry is up.

    Factoid Numero Uno:
    I used to write fanfiction as religiously as a 2 month newbie to Full Metal Alchemist
    Fanfics are not something I'm proud of now that I realized that instead of borrowing characters to play in my worlds, I could just as easily create my own. I managed to kick the habit of writing them back in about 1999, when I first started writing my own comics, and I haven't looked back since. I have nothing against the hobby; I think its pretty cool all things considered. But like most things, the aspect of fanfiction I loathe is the community. People are just jackasses sometimes. Its like any fandom; I've met quite a few in the comics and fanart end.

    Also, I've had the misfortune of reading some really bad ones. Good thing I quit being an english major. ^^;;;

    Factoid 2
    I like older women and younger men
    While it is not an active preference, it seems to be a trend. My last girlfriend was older than me, but all of my boyfriends have been younger. I'll cop to it: I have a big sister complex. XD Born as the eldest daughter of 4, and raised as a tomboy, I can only assume that the reason I have a lot of guy friends is because I'm jut so comfortable around guys more than girls. And as I'm still in college, new friends I meet end up being younger than me. Its starting to become a sobering thought that the youngest of my friends is 18 (she just started this semester at SJSU).

    Most women I've been with have been much more experienced than I and maybe that's why I find older women attractive. That is not to say that I don't find the young tarts at school at all unappealing (college girls freakin rock ^^), its just that for the kind of women I like, they seem to be more mature, obviously. Perhaps its the big sister complex swinging the other way.

    This is not to say I have no lolita complex and just a shota complex. Heavens no. I have both, despite the fact that my tastes in both guys and girls will increase with my age (At 18, i'd have no qualms about hitting that w/ a sophomore, but I'm 25 and I think I'd want them to be hitting the 18 mark cuz then, I don't have curfew to worry about ^^;;;).

    If you've been a long-time reader, you know what I mean. XD

    Fact 3
    Despite my out-going nature, I still get fits of shyness and ill self-esteem and I'm afraid of my outgoing and extroverted nature sometimes
    I don't know why, but there are times when I just clam up and get shier than a kid going into kindergarten for the first time. Interviews, most people can understand; make a good impression and all that jazz. But if I'm meeting someone I admire or someone new at work or school, I get really shy. I'm also afraid of taking charge of things, despite being someone with a lot of experience.

    I just got promoted to co-head counselor in at Get SET, an summer engineering camp for girls in high school. I'm frankly scared to death of being in charge. I think that I'm really a push over and that I have no authority. To give you an idea, I've been a counselor for the program for nearly 8 years. I'm the only counselor that has been both in the program as a student (i was in all four years), and the only participant who has consectutively been involved as said counselor. That said, you'd think I'd know what I was doing by now.

    Truth is, I'm afraid of my own personality. I'm afraid of confrontation. I love to talk a good game, saying I'm the big sis who can kick ex boy/girl friends' asses if they hurt my friends or tell off the annoying jackass that just won't leave me alone. But I find I just don't usually. I'm afraid of burning bridges, and I'm frankly afraid of getting my ass kicked (I've been in a lot of fights and I'm not usually the winner). I'm, in reality, a push-over, and sometimes, I scare myself w/ my outgoing nature, be it in defensive aggression or things like flirting or getting involved with leadership.

    Fact 4
    I cry especially easy
    I guess I'm just really empathetic. Hell, I cried at the end of SubSpace Emissary. I was a mess during My Sassy Girl (but to tell you the truth, the movie's a damn wild ride ^^). I dunno why. Hard part is trying to hide that, since I like to put on the front that I'm tough. ^^;;; I'm a sucker for a sob story, and I swear one of these days, its going to bite me in the ass.

    Factolio numba 5
    I have way too many hobbies and interests, and most of them are expensive
    Games are a given. You can't read my blog and not see that I'm a gamer. But, I'm also an avid collector too. Currently, I have a Wii, an X-Box, a PS2, a PS, an SNES, an NES, a Sega Genesis, an N64, and a Sega Saturn all in working condition in my room. That's not counting my Game Gear, my ol school brick Gameboy, a Gameboy Color, a Gameboy Pocket, a Gameboy SP, and three DSs (two old school, one lite), my Atari Flashback, my actual Atari 2600, and games for all those systems (and a few for systems I don't have XD).

    In light of recent events, I'm saying hello to a copy of Mario RPG and Earthbound, finances willing. And no, I don't mean the VC ^^

    But I'm also really into photography. I own a 35 mm Canon EOS that was by baby until I recieved my very own Holga. She takes 120, and though she's requires the expensive film, I love it. Its got that vignette style edges, the blurry soft focus, and the tendency to have light leaks. Developing the film is hell too, since I no longer have access to a dark room (I don't take photo classes anymore), so traditional photography is, while fun, is expensive.

    Yeah, I have a digital camera, but I like the sound of traditional shutters ^^

    I also love to twiddle around w/ music, despite my incapacity to write music or know anything like scales and notes. Thank god for Garageband. I also love listening to music when I work, be it writing, drawing or cleaning.

    Oh yeah. Writing. I do a lot of that. I think you know.

    I love cosplaying, despite the fact that I'm semi-retired (I'm not super active and I no longer compete). That can get expensive, depending on the costume. Thankfully, my recent interests have easy costumes that don't require too much sewing or prep.

    No. Screw that. The Earthbound shirts are a pain in the ass. Striped shirts don't come in the right colors. Fuck you Ness.

    I love to sew dolls. But there're not nearly as good as some, but I'd like to think they're cute. I also love to cut up t-shirts and make them into new shirts, bags and skirts. I'm a Generation T fan. ^^

    There's more but those are the ones that eat up time and finances. Besides art, of course. ^^

    And Fact 6
    I'm incredibly domestic and a homebody
    Part of that is laziness. I love being home, in bed, w/ a laptop and a game/tv on. I couldn't bear to move away from my hometown, and when I visited family in Iowa, I actually got a little homesick. I just love where I live, even though its nigh impossible for me to own a house for myself anytime soon. I'd love to travel, but chances are no matter how much I love another place, it can never be home for me.

    Which means I'll have to keep on the straight and narrow so I don't have to go on the lam. ^^

    Okie dokie. That's 6.
    Tagging. This is hard since many of my friends don't blog anymore, and I'm not sure who else has done it.
    So. I'm stealing a page from Guise's book and saying that if you haven't done it, do it. If not, then I'll try to find at least one person who hasn't and link back.
    li>Moetic Crepes My friend Sunara still writes. ^^ There's one.

    Ok. You're dismissed.

    *Til next time, Lunies!*

    Labels: , , ,

    4 Comments:

    At 2:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can totally relate to having too many hobbies. I'm a big comic book collector and am thinking about getting a second job working just one day a week at a restaurant or something just to support my comic book habit. Also, being a DJ is expensive in and of itself, but can be made easier if you're hooked up with record labels who will send you stuff for free. I'm also somewhat of an artist so I try to make myself schedule time to just work on that to get better--even if it's just for an hour a day. I do a bit of writing (more and more lately), and am an avid reader of loads of stuff other than comics. I did Tae Kwon Do for 5 years and would love to get into a gym a few days a week now but don't really have the time or money anymore and since I'm not doing TDK anymore with school I don't have the free access I used to have. So yeah, I totally feel your pain.

    Nice deal you got going here. I've been meaning to check it out more and I've been looking around. You'll be seeing more of me I'm sure. Thanks for stopping by mine. I think tomorrow night I'm going to do my "meme" thing too, since I've been tagged now by several people.

     
    At 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So, this is your neck of the woods. Hope you remember me.

    I can relate on 1 and 3, sorta.

    I'm going to be opening my own blog soon, so maybe I'll fill out this meme.

    See ya.

     
    At 11:35 AM , Blogger The Good Guy said...

    There. Now I have a blog. Added you already on my list.

     
    At 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Heya Dio.
    Diggin your random lunacy so far.
    I found my way here through the magic of, well ok it wasn't magic, I saw your link on Guises blog.
    But he's sorta magical so that counts for something Right??
    I look forward to reading much more random things In the future!

    And DJ D:
    I hear what you're saying about the hobbies, I'm thinking about another job just to pay for my gaming addiction.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home