Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

DAY 30, ONE DAY LEFT!

So tonight, besides getting swamped when I wasn't looking by dreaded homework, I decided I had to carve the pumpkins. The reason for waiting until the night before is three-fold: 1) We had a party this last Saturday that was off the hook...XD, B) I wasn't doing homework because of said party, and III) we have possums that might eat said pumpkins. So, they were inside for the duration of the weekend.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I had bought the pumpykins at a local pumpkin patch, which has been there since time immemorial. Dressed as Miku Hinasaki for the day, my bf and I headed down with the intention of buying the best pumykins one can buy w/ $20. Its a shamefully expensive enterprise these days to buy a pumpkin, since farms can and will jack up the price based on "example" pumpkins at the check-out table. Our farm wasn't so bad, but suffice it to say we didn't get much back for change.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Note the pumpkin totem. I'm so great at these self-taking pics that look like they belong on Myspace. In the background, my bf looms like a revanant. lol
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
There was this tiny house there that had furniture by way of seats torn out of a van from the 70s. Comfy, but don't expect to even sit at normal height inside if you're taller than the average toddler.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ok. The carving. One pumpkin was to have a face, the other, something video game related. Yes, I am a geek. That's why I'll be dressed as a Nintendo Wii console tomorrow. My teachers'll think I've gone mad. Above is the face, which has been lobotomized already with this tiny pumpkin scoop. I don't care what the manufacturers say; there's no damn way their 2-inch blade can carve through the tough hide that is a pumkin's outer walls. I had my father slice this bitch up with a carving knife. It was awsome.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I dunno if I've ever said anything about pumpkin guts, but they are the most disgusting things ever created, and I've dissected minks in high school. Above is my hand displaying the grossness that is pumpkin pulp and seeds.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
How anyone could think that seeds floating in pumpkin innards could be tasty in any shape or form is beyond me. The real thing doesn't smell anything like the artifical stuff they jam into candles and the such. It smells exactly what you'd think pumpkin vomit smells like. Its a nauseating feeling that one can get from too many spins on Fiddler's Fling at Great America (which has a different name that I'm too lazy to look up) You know that filling they put in the pie? That stuffs actually the whiter sides of the inside of the pumpkin, not the slime that hangs like snot from every direction of the fruit. The pulp shit? That's only used for defacing property. That's why God made it that way.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I don't have a pic of the face (I'll post it tomorrow, if I'm lucky), but here's the Mario mushroom I made plans for. It took a little thinking to get it to not fall apart when cutting the shit out of the pumpkin.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lites off. Its ok....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Once the lights all go off, its not so bad, but I have definently seen better (I saw a Pyramid Head pumpkin I'm so gonna marry). Its cute. I can't wait to hand out candy with that sucker on my porch while I'm dressed like Wii-tan. I'll try to have something up by tomorrow, a video or something, but in case I'm super late:
HAPPY HALLOWEEN LUNIES!

Now...to go paint my comp...O_o

*Pumpkin guts are disgusting, Lunies*

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so I know I'm a few months late on this one but that punkin rocks! And yes pumpkin guts are the nastiest things ever! I love to carve the pumpkins but I hate to gut them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home