Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Could Use Some Booty Sweat Up in HERE

I'm not good at reviews these days. I dunno. Its hard to really review something for me nowadays without ranting. XD I feel everyone has this same problem. But after mentioning how I saw Tropic Thunder to the Dark Entries Crew I was in spired to at least give a quick primer review thingy for it, seeing as how I did one for Wall E.

So. Tropic Thunder. My dad, who was in the Air Force when he was may age and starts some of his stories w/ "This one time we got so drunk/high/smashed...", took my sister and I to see it. My dad likes war movies, so TT was his cup of tea. Bring a sense of humor not easily offended and experience w/ movies like Apocalypse Now and Platoon to the theater and it'll make the experience that much more fulfilling.

The first few minutes of the film is spent w/ humorous and very unexpected "previews" of movies the "actors" in TT have been in. Believe me, you'll know when. To the fellow who shouted "What the FUCK???" at the Booty Sweat video, I salute you. ^^

There were times when the movie went to places that only Guise would dare to go. I heard my dad mumble "did they just go there??" a few times. I loved every second of it, from the pyro tech guy to Tom Cruise's roll as Les Grossman. As a parody of those war Vietnam movies, it does it homework pretty damn well.

I know this movie isn't for everyone, so let me break it down to this: if you enjoyed Dodgeball, this movie is right up your Satan's Alley. It has about the same crude and inside joke humor. It is full of the most retarded and stupid humor I have heard in a long time. And speaking of which, the use of the word retard amuses me, mostly because I'm so sick of the repeated and continued neutering of our entertainment to be politically correct. Bleh.

Enough of all that. Of the $10.25 spent on the ticket, I'd say it was worth every penny to me. Just be sure to wear an extra thick skin. ^^

*BIG ASS TITTIES, Lunies*

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:49 AM , Blogger Dan said...

I need to get off my duff and check this one out. I've heard good things about it which is cool because I was kind of on the fence. Glad to see you posting more btw! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home