Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

By Hook or By Crook....And Then Some....

Kozumi's Quote of the Week:
"I'd say bless you but you were being a smartass."
--Aina, to Loki, after he's sneezed.

Meh, so.... Its been a week since Yaoi-con, and no posts (save for my dear Koi...but whatcha gonna do?).... What can I say? School hit me with everything it had, and I had to catch up on sleep. So, let's just say our best friend NyQuil's been a BIG help to us all at Random Lunacy.

Inha: Note--Random Lunacy does not endorse the abuse of NyQuil or other such substances.
Aro: Sez you. Ever had a night when you can't sleep?
Loki (singing): "NyQuil NyQuil NyQuil!! We love you! You giant fucking Q!!!!"
Rya: You all are insane.
Aro: Yeah, but they've been wussying it down these last coupla years. These days, you gotta take the pills.
Loki: Naw, the liquid can still knock ya on your ass. Especially with that vile "green death" flavor.
Aro: That's because you weight 2 pounds and the alcohol content wipes you out.

Sate! The report on Yaoi-con goes like thus:
Yaoi, shonen ai, shonen ai, yaoi, sex, pictures, shonen ai, molesting, yaoi, Cosplay, yaoi, shonen ai, molesting, molesting, shota, shonen ai, "Blazing Saddles", and blessed sleep. For details, contact via E-mail or Instant Messaging. XD XD XD

All kidding aside, this year was pretty cool. The atmosphere from the con-goers was on the whole pretty friendly. The security was kinda punkish, but all in all, it was a blast. Small dealer's room tho, and smaller con-per-floorspace in general. G-Rated (our cosplay group if you didn't know) performed a short skit as Randy "Ryo" Maclean (Ryochan) and Dee Laytner (myself) from the manga Fake by Sanami Matoh. It basically was about Dee sneaking into Ryo's apartment and the horniness that ensues; for those of you who have read a bit of Fake, you'll know exactly what I mean. Lotsa people liked it, but I have a feeling it was all about the kissing. XD
Um.....lesse...we met up with our good friend Tsuzuki-chan, whom is the BEST Asato Tsuzuki we've ever met, and cute to boot, ^_^;;, and her entourage of Yami no Matsuei characters, which included, among others, a Byakko and Kijin (2 of Tsuzuki's 12 Shikigami). It was pretty cute when Byakko mowed down Ryochan, on account that she was Hisoka at the time. XD I got pictures!
For those who haven't heard or just have no earthly idea, my "secret" costume was Loki of Matantei Loki Ragnarok (not to be confused with the newest addition to Random Lunacy). Why? Well, when I learn how to link images, you will see the cuteness that is Loki. I suggest that most of you at the very least pay a visit to Destination Ragnarok (http://www.ailanokiga.net/loki/) for a good starting place and then mosey over to Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok Screencap Recaps (http://nyahnyah.net/blog/loki/loki.html) for the first 8 episode summaries. For those of you whom remember X Puppet Theater, this will be straight up your alley. XD XD
So imagine, me, dressed as this little magical boy, at Yaoi-con, with a total of 4 episodes seen under my belt.... Then add that to the fact that Ryochan, now Count D of Pet Shop of Horrors fame, was with me when we went to the bishonen auction.... Well, that's a recipe for disaster. We weren't intending to buy a bishi...it just so happens that the one we wanted to bid on was one by the handle of Oni, whom had been rather friendly with us since we met him Friday. Now, the auction was kinda insane; bid could go as high as $75 or $100. With the assistence of Traykor-san (a dear friend who drove us up), three MaLoki fans, and Ryochan, we bought Oni for a grand total of I believe $200.

Loki: And you thought Who's ponytail was insane....
Rya: I can't believe we're shelling out $50.41 over Who's ponytail....
Ashton: And if we're lucky, I don't have to break anyone's legs AND pay more for it. (pats bat lovingly)
Loki: XD You're encouraging murder....or major bodily harm....
Kozumi (off-scene): I think the bid went up again...!
Ashton: (cracks knuckles and readies bat)

If that's not insane enough, one other bishi went up to $1000. Now THAT'S insane. The group of us had our fun with Oni (>=) yes, its what you think), and my costume attracted the interest of one of the bidders whom helped us win Oni.... Dragon-chan, I know you have my blog address....XD Dear lil Dragon-chan....or Heimdall as you've been known as. I'm gonna glaze over details here, given that I'm running out of space and I really don't think we need to go into any detail....XD Let's just say there was a lot of...um...torturing each other back and forth. Stuff of fanfiction, I assure you.
Eventually, winding down around 2 am, give or take, Oni crashed with me and Ryochan, and we all slept in (believe me we all needed it). We hit the dealer's room one last time then headed home. Another piece of news, one of our friends gave birth to a healthy baby boy that weekend, a double plus because that same friend won an award for one of her videos in the AMV contest. No, she was not at the con, but in spirit she was....ooookayyyy corney, but I suppose from now on, this baby shall be known as the Y-con baby. ^^

So yeah, that was Y-con in a nutshell. It was fun, but we all need our rest. Pix maybe forthcoming, if I ever figure out where to put them....>< Boku wa computer illiterate. And that was bad Japanese. XD Well, I hope this report quells you, and I'll try to post more often....like in the days of yore....

Rya: *cough cough* Last summer....*cough hack*

Shaddup. Oh, big piece of news coming up next post, one likely to shatter the world...or at least make MINE a bit more manageable. Halloween party comin' ya'll! Let's party down! SPOONS!!!! SPOONS!!!!!

*Till next time, Lunies!*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home