Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Halloween Advent Calender, Day 13

What with a midterm project sneaking up on me, I'm missing the deadline by a bit...XD Which leads to another cop out entry, but mayhaps another way to enjoy your upcoming Halloween season.

I'm talking about music, of course. What with everyone and their mom with an iPod of some generation (my beloved 1st gen recently went to meet its maker, literally cuz dad had to bring it back into work ^^;;), playlists are one way for me to really get into the spirit. Never mind that I've had my Halloween Mix on shuffled loop since the last 2 weeks of September.

Every Halloween mix needs 3 songs that if your don't have it somehwere in the mix, you should pelt yourself with tampons and head to your prayer closest. Whoops, that's "Carrie"....which you should all partake in before November thrusts its way into fall.
--Michael Jackson's Thriller: if you're not zombie shuffling to everyone's favorite pervert (no not Peewee Herman), then you're a depraved baby-eater whom relishes in crushing puppies. .....damn, that sounded better in my head.
--The Ghostbuster Theme: busting makes me feel good, dammit.
--And of course, Monster Mash: and its sibling song, Monster Hash, which is the equivalent to owning "Walking Round a Winter Wonderland", with "Walking Round in Women's Underwear" queued next.

On my mix, at a whopping 60+ tracks, I have those three and then some. Like Hotel California. Its not a Halloween song by any stretch of the imagination, but always sends a chil up my spine. Same goes with Carlos Santana's Put Your Lights On, though it has some scary qualities. I also suggest Bad Moon by CCR, Haunted by Evanescence, Soul Man by the Blues Brothers (right is right after Soul reaver's main theme), Finale by L'Arc en Ciel (a song about Sadako of Ringu fame), and They Might Be Giants' Courage the Cowardly Dog song they did when CN was awsome and had cartoon music vdeos. Of course, I have Tubular Bells (a classic horror theme), and Disney's Grim Grinning Ghosts (the track they play at the graveyard part of the Haunted Mansion). Also included is Gorillaz's Dracula, which has samples from a Bugs Bunny cartoon (wherein he meets a vampire, then hijinks ensue).

I also have many samples from Fatal Frame 1, which though it had some bad acting, had some great ambiant "music" during ghost encounters, which juxtiposition nicely with the music tracks (Jonny Hollow's Skeleton Song is wonderful to hear after starting at the Blinded Ghost encounter from FF). Also from video games:
-Bi-O's theme from Bust a Groove 2 (its has some delicious screaming and zombie moaning samples)
-Nupraptor's Theme from Blood Omen (also with some great screaming samples)
-Chou and Koe, themes from Fatal Frames 2 and 3 respectively
-Primal Eyes from Parasite Eve
And I can't forget Akira Yamaoka's work in Silent Hill of which I have some of the more memorable tracks like:
-Theme of Laura (full version and the trailer version, which sounds more accoustic)
-Remodling from Silent Hill 4
-Alessa's Harmony from the movie (which has Alessa saying "I'm burning", a reminder of what had happened during the movie)
-Usagi (Robbie the Rabbit's disturbing music video song), Caramel Mix #1, Ki-Ko-No, and Fukuro, all of which had some of the most disturbing and bizzare music videos ever made (seeing Robbie actually move is a sight to behold)

This is just a sampling of my iPod's Halloween Mix, and I hope you all have one too. After all, Christmas shouldn't be the only holiday that gtes its own custom sountrack (Halloween, fortunately) is quite devoid of boy band/teenybopper covers of good songs (though one day, I'd like to hear anyone cover Monster Mash just for the hell of it).

*Music is Love, Lunies*

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home