Random Lunacy

Ranting from a San Jose artist/amature cosplayer at its finest. Multiple personalities frequent to kibitz author. Random Lunacy: Is it sleeping...or is it dead? >>

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Countdown for Halloween 2007, Day 21

I figure if I shove my final up here, that it'll make me feel better about post-dating posts, but let's be honest: it won't, any more than having Hiro turn back time, so I can find a way to take back all those things that've hurt you and you'd stay. Man, who'duv thunk Heroes and Cher would head today's post? Ugh.

I moseied down to Target for an uplift of Halloween spirit, hoping to pick up something scary and cute. *sigh* I know its a way to get a jump on things but it really hurst the Halloweeny atmosphere by having all the x-mas lites in the back wall behind the displays, and x-mas stockings and the such right after costumes and candy pails, but whatever. You do what you hafta to get a jump on sales (not that the lights will MOVE until after Thanksgiving). So. The Display.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The theme this year besides really cute witches, pumpkins and spiders was Edgar and Ellen, a Nicktoon on Nickelodeon's premium channel Nicktoons (or Nick2 on your cable channel menu). Basically, its a brother and siter who love to wreak havoc with scary pranks on unsuspecting townspeople, only they always fuck up in the end and get their commuppance (I never spell-check on blog entires, can you tell?). Its cute, its not terrible, but it doesn't really bring anything ro the table. Karas brings stuff to the table, albiet in shiny CG renders.

So there's some E&E themed stuffins here and there, like Pet (the siblings' pet thing that's a mop of grey hair and a single eyeball on its head...area) buckets and vials of candy powder. This display moves; the characters move up and down while lights mimic lightning int he back...or I might be entirely making this up. It DOES move, I'll give it that much. I'd bought some things (as evidenced by Kain and Raziel's romp through decoration a few posts ago), but aside from the paper plates and some tombstones, I haven't really bought much. Unseen is a lamppost that is just a little maller than myself, thich is adorable in a way that makes my dad wonder of someone will steal it. Sunday's sale includes some $3.77 plastic strage tubs, both of which are too small to fit one of the tombstones we bought.

Also not there were the sweet cocoa Peeps bats that were like a bowl of Cocoa Crispies and marshmallows. You know, like a rice crispie treat, only with Cocoa Pebbles instead (heaven in a ball, if I may say so myself). T_T I miss those. I miss them like Jones Soda Caramel Apple soda, only not so much cuz it tasted like burnt caramel apples. Still, weird tastes ARE a Halloween tradition, so I'll just buy a small 6-pack of the Candy Corn soda, drink an 1/8 of one can, then pawn the rest off as Halloween dares.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
IF you look carefully, you just might see the sleeping cat, which if I remember correctly, was part of the summer line of topiary and stone thingys for Target. That thing is so chargeback, I just can't tell how.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I don't know. That damn baby looks like the DEVIL himself.

It kinda made me wish we could ahve dressed up at Target instead of wearing red and khaki all the damn time. Then again, it'd look a lot like this:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Takes a real man to dress up like a cuddly wolf for a minimum wage job at a seasonal outlet.

I'll be feeling the season once I get my Peach costume (hopefully before the party this Sat). I was thinking of carrying a pan, hammer, and golf club to school. Anyway, Halloween. Yes. I'll be heading up to a pumpkin patch sometime this week, and mark my words, THEY WILL BE CARVED. I just don't know how yet.

*Class is for suckers, Lunies*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home